External hard drives are very effective and reliable to be used along with your play station system as per the version of the PS System. If you run short of storage for the game activity over the play station, a hard drive would be the most suitable option available. You can also check our guide on Best Thermal Paste for PS4
These hard drives will provide extra space to fulfill your space schedules. However, in this term, the most obvious answer occurs for the solution; How to Use an External Hard Drive on PS4?
To provide you with the best possible solution and procedural process, here we are providing you with an informational, analytical guide so that you can have an uninterrupted experience for enjoying your favorite games on the play station.
To find out further details, explore the next section for further details!
Playstation and External Hard Drives
When we take the storage perspective of the PlayStation only, it is bound with a storage capacity of around 500 GB for the minimum, whereas this maximum requirement falls for the 1TB range.
This is the optional range of storage that PS-4 generally offers. The storage perspective varies from company to company. The general storage requirements fall effectively and reliably for fulfilling your game requirements.
But if you have not uninstalled or deleted the already installed and have retained all the stored data over it to maintain the record. The people might face a shortage of storage, and thus it requires some external processing option for proper functioning.
In this term, the HDD is the best option for meeting the space requirements of the PS-4.
Here is the complete operational guide available for you to get connected with the external hard drive.
Playstation and External Hard Drives: Setup Process
When you have both devices in your reach, it will be very easy to enable the connection and make the link between both of them. However, before this, you must be sure that your PS 4 must be lined with the software update of version 4.50.
Also, read How To Use The Laptop As Monitor For Ps4?
This software will make it easier to interlink the external hard drive with your play station. This software update was nearly launched around 2017. But if you have not updated the system, you can manually go to the setting for this preceding.
For this action;
- Go to the settings.
- Scroll down for the system update settings.
- Update it and save the changes
- After that, connect the drive externally with the USB cable of the PS-4. Some of the systems do not have these USB Hubs. For this, the drives are directly projected along the-4 with the system requirement of the USB slots.
- If you are using a newly bought drive option, there is no need to pass it through the formatting action. If not, pre-format it before initiating the working activity.
- Once the drive formatting is completed, the connection is fully stable to make the stage needs fulfilled.
This is when you are fully agreeable so that you can place your favorite games, download it and install the related data files as per your references. This will also enable you to keep the already available games of the PS-4 along with all its updates.
You can manage the screenshots, special video clips, themes, backgrounds, and other needs that you cannot reach out to due to e space problems.
Also, read How to Record Gameplay on PC?
How to Format Disk?
The formatting of the drives will not take too much of your time. For reaching the steps of the formatting of hard drives,
- Turn your system search setting option in the search bar.
- Locate the Device option in the settings and scroll down for the USB STORAGE DEVICE. The hard drive has connected externally through the USB slots.
- Find out your device’s name and click it for the choice of “Format, extended device.”
- Click it for the final command, and it will automatically card up all the data of the drive.
You must be sure that the drive does not contain any special and important data; this is the reason that a new drive is preferred for this activity.
However, it is better to choose an appropriate drive for your activity before connecting with these drives.
Also, read How to Become a Professional Gamer?
If you have a space issue with your PlayStation, the external drives are the most appropriate solution to meet your specific needs. However, while choosing the best authentications for drives, make sure that the drive you choose must have the following specifications for the best working activity!
For the drive it must be compatible enough with;
- The minimum of 250 GB of space and the maximum of the space authentication counts for 8TB to manage the games.
- It must hold the superspeed authenticated USB along with the 5 Gbps or all its later supporting versions.
- USB 3.0 and all the later versions are highly operational from most general working perspectives. Below it, the 2.0 and all the other older functions won’t be authentic for the PS-4 systems.
You can also use some other advanced options, such as SSD drive options instead of HDD options, but it might be very expensive. This can’t be appropriate for the reachability of every common person.
HDDs are the best and most feasible option available in the market to fulfill the storage requirements for the play station. You might go for the optimal choice of around 2tb. You can easily find all of them online on amazon if you cannot reach them physically in the market.
If not, seek the best external hard drive options from online websites. You will probably find the best selection per your need and requirements.
Also, read Best White PC Cases For Gamers
The Final Statement
Furthermore, to make the setup process of PlayStation and External Hard Drives more convenient, here we have provided a detailed overview about; how to use an external hard drive on a ps4. You can effectively make your process of connectivity more trackable for your experience.
Thus, we hope that it will be fine from your general information perspective!
Also, read Best 2-In-1 Laptops under 1000$